Sunday 03 May 2009. Part of Open Office for Words.
Margo Onnes presented material from the 1960’s popular television series The Avengers in conjunction with her own work on re-enacting Emma Peel, one of the original characters of the series. Gerwin Luijendijk presented his current work-in-progress on re-enacting 1980’s music videos and Sjoerd Westerbroek talked about his experience on taking part in an re-enactment of Allan Kaprow’s piece The Birds at The Van Abbe Museum in 2007.
The following bibliography is a list compiled of the texts that were brought to The Open Office For Words by participants of In Discussion on Re-enactment. This list is entirely accidental and fortuitous.
- RE:akt! Reconstruction, Re-enactment, Re-reporting, ed. A.Caronia, J.Jansa, D.Quaranta, FPE Editions, ISBN 978-88-903308-6-5
- Life, Once More: Forms of Re-enactment in Contemporary Art, ed. Sven Lütticken, Witte de With Publishers, Rotterdam 2005.
- Correspondence; The Foundation of The Situationist International, Guy Depord, Translated by Stuart Kendall, MIT Press, 2008.
- Experience, Memory, Re-enactment, ed. A.Bangma, Steven Rushton, Florian Wust, Piet Zwart Institute/ Revolver Archiv für Aktuelle Kunst, 2005.
- Looking For Alfred, Johan Grimonprez, ed. Steven Bode. Published by; Film and Video Umbrella, Hatje Cantz Verlag, Pinakothek der Moderne, Zapomatik, 2007. ISBN: 978-3-7757-2008-3 and ISBN: 978-1-904270-25-6-
- Re-enactment & Realism, ed. Iain Mc Calman, Paul A. Pickering, Palgrave MacMillan, October 27th 2009.
Specifically related to the talks:
- Saints & Avengers, British Adventure Series of the 1960’s, James Chapman, I. B. Tauris &Co Ltd, London, New York, 2006.
- Re-enacting Emma Peel, MA Project Report, Margo Onnes, 2008.
- Nola Dee and The Invasion of Rats, Margo Onnes, 2008.